&nbsp

8/19/17

I'm not really back

Photo by Andrew Nolan
The numbers (stats, page views, followers) got to me again, so I decided to take a break and learn how to de-stress and start enjoying various things again. That mainly came from stories. Stories that come in the form of video games (mainly Zelda) and TV shows (mainly The Simpsons, The Bride of HabaekGuardian: The Lonely and Great God, and other Korean dramas.) Even though I prefer reading because of how portable it is and how you don't need to charge it every day, I still like experiencing stories in other formats. Like video games because it's very interactive and there are many side stories that you can explore that sometimes books don't really give you. Or television shows where you wait for them to rip out your heart one week at a time (or, if it gives you the option, just indulge, and binge watch everything, but you're still heartbroken in the end.)
By experiencing different types of stories, I learn how to become a better storyteller. I learn which tropes should be avoided and which are common for so and so type of genre, and which can't be avoided no matter what. It also helps me learn a bit more about humans and how weird we are.

And now the weather:
Sober by Lorde
~ Stacy N.

0 comments:

Post a Comment