&nbsp

6/29/17

A Numbers Game

Photo by Negative Space
In the past, when it came to blogging, I couldn’t help but see it as a numbers game. How many views can I get on this particular post, how many followers can I get after a week? Or something like that. And it’s been stressful when I wasn’t achieving what I wanted. That’s often why I would take months-long hiatus (other than dealing with college, work, and family related things,) I got scared and tired of all the numbers.
Lately, I’ve just stopped caring because blogging isn’t a numbers game. It’s about posting whatever you want because you want to share it with the world. It’s about being you and not caring about who reads it. That’s why I’ve been posting every day for nearly a month, to help me stop caring about the stats and just be me and post whatever is on my mind.
Though, I admit it's hard. A part of me still cares about how many views and followers I have. However, I'm really trying to dissociate myself from that because numbers don't tell me who's been impacted by my posts and who actually likes it.

And now the weather:
Fire and the Flood by Vance Joy
~ Stacy N.

0 comments:

Post a Comment