&nbsp

7/2/17

Currently...

Photo by Jimmy Chang
Instead of reflecting on what June bought me, I'm going to focus on the now, like right now. So without further ado, let's get started.

Listening:
To Vietnamese music in the background and the sound of distant fireworks. Earlier, I listened to all the Hamilton music that is available (including the workshop version.)

Reading:
Other than what I'm typing out, I'm currently reading Roomies by Sara Zarr and Tara Altebrando. It's a cute summer read, and it's making me reflect a bit on the summer before I started college, which is nice and kind of sad. Last night, I finished Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates. It's an amazing memoir that makes you think a lot about anti-black racism in the United States, and how it's still continuing on today. Eventually, I'll write a longer post about the book once I gather my thoughts after reading the intensity of that.

Watching:
Nothing at the moment, other than a lot of Youtube videos, which I guess counts. Currently, I'm enjoying season two of Love @First Night, which is adorable and funny and dramatic and diverse in all the right ways.

Dreaming:
Who knows what. Ever since I got back from Seattle, my dreams have been disappearing on me like a magician's smoke. But honestly, I've been dreaming of a brighter future where the world isn't problematic as it is now. But the pessimistic/realist side of me says that that won't happen because it seems that humans have a tendency to hate each other for some little thing and then build a system around that idea. After all, history tends to repeat itself.

And now the weather:
Papercut by Zedd ft. Troye Sivan
~ Stacy N.

0 comments:

Post a Comment