&nbsp

12/18/19

A random thing that college made me appreciate

Photo by me when I was at a popup museum called Love Letters
Nonfiction works.
Whether that was some kind of research that I was interested in like video games, the mind, Asian American studies, cultural studies, social justice, etc. Or memoirs of people whom I'm curious about like Trevor Noah, Eddie Huang, Marjane Satrapi, Thi Bui, Tara Westover, Frederick Douglass, and Paul Kalanithi. Or even various personal growth books written by Anna Akana or even Dale Carnegie. Overall, it made me realize the breadth of nonfiction works and how myriad it really is. It also taught me how nonfiction works are on a spectrum in terms of its writing style just like fiction. Moreover, it really expanded my viewpoint in terms of what literature can do for a mind.

And now the weather:
"Sign of the Times" (Harry Styles KOver) - Kevin Olusola
~ Stacy N.

0 comments:

Post a Comment