&nbsp

7/20/23

Jesus, it's brutal out there

Photo by RDNE Stock project on Pexels
I'm conflicted between wanting to die because I live in the United States.  (It is doing its best to make sure that I die because I don't have the cis-white-male-class-straight privilege.) While not wanting to live in any other place in the world because they don't seem to understand the weirdness (and particular kind of systematic oppression) that constantly goes on in the United States. Plus I genuinely like the United State's diversity and its fighting spirit to make it an equitable place for everyone in it, even if it means prison and death.
At the same time, I am very much aware that oppression, especially systematic oppression is also everywhere in the world. (I mean look at France.) I was just focused on the United States in particular because I'm the idiot that happens to live in it still. 

No wonder why my generation is the way it is. Yet, I'm still proud of it in a way. 

And now the weather:

0 comments:

Post a Comment