&nbsp

2/29/12

Happy extra February day!

Happy leap year! My eighth grade history teacher's birthday is today, she's now... thirteen years old, I think. Some of my friends dragged a guy and me during first today to sing happy birthday to her. That was random, as well as the short black out (that didn't last for five hours :( ) and the short and freezing evacuation because of a funny smell that was actually something that caught on fire in the boiler room. My thoughts on this: It should have been in the yearbook.
So now back to the topic: leap years. What is it? It's an extra day in February that occurs every four years. Because in simple terms, there's actually 365 1/4 days per year and the fourth year is 366 days. If that makes sense. If you want a quick and slightly complicated explanation, here's a video explaining it.



1 comment:

  1. love the new design; its awesome! ill be doing the meme you tagged me with shortly; sorry its taken so long to get back to you. busy busy busy!
    Juliet

    ReplyDelete