&nbsp

10/22/15

"You know, you'e a feminist."


A little long (about thirty minutes) but well worth the watch. It will make you laugh, think, and feel a bit differently about gender.

Memorable quotes:
"I'm just as human as the man, that I'm just as worthy of acknowledgement"
"We make them feel as though by being born female they're already guilty of something."
"The problem with gender, is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are."
"I have chosen to no longer be apologetic for my femaleness and for my feminity."
"Feminist, a person who believes in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes." (where Beyonce originally got her definition from.)
"a feminist is a man or a woman who says, 'Yes there's a problem with gender as it is today, and we must fix it. We must do better.'"

The title and video are from a TEDxEuston talk, "We should all be feminists" by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
~ Stacy N.

1 comment: