&nbsp

1/5/18

Hello 2018

Photo by Elliott Chau
I'm not going to lie, I'm a mess. And I'm still going to be a mess by the end of this year. However, I'm still going to try to make some goals this year. They're not necessarily resolutions because New Year's resolutions I feel like you have to change yourself completely and it almost feels inflexible, plus its also pretty cliché. Goals, on the other hand, can be made anytime, it's flexible, and not as wordy.
So here are some of my goals for this year:
  • Be more honest with myself. After doing a lot of thinking these past few days, I've realized that part of the reason why I've been unhappy, especially as 2017 drew to a close was that I haven't been entirely honest with myself. Not with how was I feeling, not with what I really wanted, nor with what I expected out of myself and others. So, I'm going to try to be more honest with myself and actually make an effort to find the cause of my unhappiness and do something about it instead of letting it run.
  • Read for pleasure for fifteen minutes a day. I need to remember why I chose to surround myself with books, why did I choose to become an English major in the first place. And that can't be done if I'm constantly reading what other people want me to read.
  • Drink at least eighty fluid ounces of water every day. I just want a healthier body and water is one great way of achieving that.
  • Blog at least once a month. I know I always make this goal every single year, but this year I'm actually going to try. I've learned that it's easier to do something if you plan it. For this goal, in particular, that means actually thinking of content, making the time to draft it, edit it, and then posting it. And that could take a while. However, I will do my best to try. 
Ther are of course other goals, but they're more personal. Plus, these are the ones that I'm more likely to work on throughout the year if I remember them of course.

How about you? What are your goals that you want to work on throughout the year? Is there a particular one that you always make every year?

And now the weather: 

~ Stacy N.

12 comments:

  1. It is not my first time to pay a quick visit this web page, i am browsing this web page dailly and obtain nice information from here
    every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually a great and useful piece of info. I am satisfied that
    you just shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?
    I'm planning to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
    Would you propose starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go
    for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I'm totally confused ..

    Any ideas? Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful article.
    Thanks for supplying these details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally,
    it seems as though you relied on the video to make
    your point. You clearly know what youre talking about, why
    throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us
    something enlightening to read?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty section of content. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to claim that I get in fact
    loved account your weblog posts. Anyway I'll be subscribing for
    your feeds and even I achievement you access constantly quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?

    A theme like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog jump out.

    Please let me know where you got your design. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your method of telling the whole thing in this piece of writing is in fact good, all be able to easily be aware of it, Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To Anonymous on February 16, 2018 at 1:18 PM:
    Thank you! ^.^ I'm sorry for the late reply, I got busy with work and all that. My tip is just write. Even if it sucks, just write, eventually you'll learn what's good, what works for you, what your style is, and all that. And try to write everyday or at least once a week, or whatever schedule works for you. Along with that, also read. Reading helps a lot in terms of what's good, what's bad, what kind of rules most writers follow, etc.
    And yeah, definitely start on a free platform first like wordpress or blogger. My recommendation would be blogger because it lets you customize the html easily while wordpress has nice templates too. And then if you're serious enough and want to pursue a more professional route and have the money for it, definitely go with a paid option.
    Hope this helps, and thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. To Anonymous March 5, 2018 at 9:58 PM:
    It's a custom made theme. Before blogger changed there used to be a theme that I forgot the name of. Now, with blogger's current design, I think the closest this blog would go to would be the white simple design. You could definitely try googling on how to make a minimalistic blogger design and then adjust the html. Just know that google will be your best friend in terms of blog designing. Thanks, and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. To Anonymous March 2, 2018 at 9:20 PM:
    Thanks for the advise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. To Anonymous March 7, 2018 at 1:24 AM:
    Sorry about the late response. My advice would be to just write, whatever you like. Do it for yourself. Remember why you started for a reason. Don't worry about numbers or followers because then it becomes too stressful and eventually you'll just start writing for them, which isn't necessarily bad. Just know that if it makes you unhappy, figure out why and then change it. Also, write a lot. Hopefully, this helps. Thanks for checking out my blog and have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete