&nbsp

7/6/18

Heading back into it... kind of

Photo by Alex Robert
source
I didn't realize how many things changed til I came back to it. For example, whenever I read YA literature, I can't help but see the teenagers as kids because that's exactly what they are. Kids who suffer and must overcome their suffering in some way or learn to deal with it like any other character in literature. After all, that's what makes stories, stories.
As mentioned before in a previous post, I'm starting to get back into my old hobbies, writing creatively being one of them. However, throughout the years, the only way I could write creatively is either through being really inspired, it depends on my grade, or if there's a challenge. Since it's summer that challenge happens to be Camp Nanowrimo. It's like the regular National Novel Writing Month challenge in November. However, I didn't realize until this year that you can set your own word count goal or that it was in July. The last time I've done the summer challenge was back when I was in high school, so approximately fours ago.
So in the middle of the night, I've decided to get back into it. I don't have much of a plan, which makes it all the more fun. All I know so far is that it's going to be a bunch of short stories based on a bunch of writing prompts that I've collected throughout the years on tumblr and that it's going to be in this fantasy world that I've created way back when I was a weird/random jr. high schooler. And just saying that makes me feel old.
However, it will be a good way to start writing again. Hopefully, this will help me build more dedication and a motivation to start writing again on my own once the month is over, without any challenges or grades looming over my shoulder.

And now the weather:
Get Your Life by Caught a Ghost
~ Stacy N.

0 comments:

Post a Comment