&nbsp

11/30/19

My body

Photo by Sarah Pflug
I admit I get a bit self-conscious about my body. I try not to show it, but it's hard sometimes. Yes, I do love my body and I'm fine with the way it is, but occasionally it takes a lot of convincing for me to believe it.

It's funny, when I was younger I tried my best to gain weight because I didn't like how skinny I was and how underweight I've been. Then something changed, and now I can't help but see how much "skinny fat" I've got and now I want to lose that. Even though I know it's fine and that overall, it's not really going to change anyone's opinions of me, right? But that still doesn't stop me from unconsciously sucking in my stomach on a daily basis or worry about how much weight I've gained, even though I know most of it is probably muscle weight since I've been moving around more, mainly for work.

In the end, loving my body is a continual learning process that will stay with me my whole life. And no matter what, I shouldn't base my self worth on that (even if society does pressure me to do so.) My self worth is more than that. Way more than that.

And now the weather:
Good Thing by Zedd and Kehlani
I already got a good thing with me
~ Stacy N.

0 comments:

Post a Comment