&nbsp

10/27/22

I'm getting older


Picture by cottonbro on Pexels.

Dear me, 

I started investing a bit more time and money into my skincare routine. And I cannot tell if that relates to a fear of getting older or technically looking older. A fear that I never really had nor cared for even though it's one that society pushes onto everyone, well technically more women. A fear I am willing to overcome. After all, there is nothing wrong with wrinkles or fine lines or laugh lines or crow's feet or whatever. Though, I still freak out a bit whenever I get a strand of gray hair. Though that is pretty rare and it probably has more to do with stress than anything. (The melanin in my hair is weird.)
 
I also miss estrogen in a way. Back when I was taking birth control pills, my body started getting more estrogen and progestin. And the estrogen really helped clear my skin. However, the catch was my mood was all over the place. Mostly negative, even more so when I got my period. And I didn't want that anymore, so I switched to a different birth control where it's just progestin. My mood became a lot calmer, but my skin started breaking out more, unfortunately. So, this is where I'm at. Investing a bit more time and money into my skincare routine in the hopes that the pimples on my skin don't irritate me as much. All the while trying to ignore the smug ass voices in my head of my siblings being right. (Intense eye roll.)
 
And now the weather:
The picture isn't me or anyone else whom I know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment